A beautiful image to start a new week! Have a good one you all.
Tag Archives: Interior inspiration
I am a sucker for pretty things. Beautiful pictures, cute animals, shiny jewelry, fluffy and soft fabrics, new clever products, amazing interiors and so on. Every day I collect some new things I really like and was thinking… “why not sharing them?” Maybe my current favorite things can become one of the things you like as well.
Starting today with my first five current favorite things:
1. Current favorite outfit for fall. Oversized sweater, huge scarf and a big Louis Vuitton (I wish!) shopper. Oh and I love the hair tucked in the scarf thing. It’s all about the details.
2. Spicy Chocolate Stout Cake with a Simple Peanut Butter Buttercream. Oh my… definitely need to try this recipe as soon as possible! Think the boyfriend wouldn’t mind either ;-)
3. Found this amazingly beautiful wooden floor via Holly Beckers Pinterest.
4. Chalkboard kitchen walls rock! Period.
5. Time to change my signature high bun into a half bun? What do you think?
The last month or so I’ve spend a lot of time working from home. I kinda like it this way, but since we don’t have a separate study room, I”m switching between my boyfriends desk, the dining table and the couch (not the most responsible posture) because the same view every day makes me a little bit bored… This whole working from home thing has made me think of creating a small working space of my own. I would like to call it a creative hideaway. And that’s where my best friend Pinterest comes in handy.
After saving all my favorite working spaces I can say that I’m in special need of a wall where I can pin, hang or stick prints, photos and post-its (light bulb!) on. I wish that one day I will be the proud owner of my own creative hideaway with lots of natural light (which means big windows!) a big, rustic wooden table with a mix of different chairs around it. And, of course, a big empty wall to start building a huge moodboard.
What would your ultimate working space look like? Or what is the number one thing you need in that study area? I would love to hear your ideas!
I hope you all had a great Easter weekend! Mine was filled with lots of fun stuff. We went to the first outdoor festival in Amsterdam which was very cold (5 degrees Celsius cold) but really fun! At midnight we celebrated the fact that I was turning 26! Oh my… but went for a Easter egg hunt the next day so I didn’t get the time to feel old ;) The weekend was about friends, family, food, easter eggs, the best birthday gifts (and song!) ever and the new episode of Game of Thrones. Yay!
My boyfriend gave me some really cool vintage orange chairs for my birthday (pictures will follow soon) which made me eager to change the whole interior too. But luckely for him I’ve found enough satisfaction in getting inspiration on how to store all my fashion and interior magazines instead. Here are my five favorite ways to store your magazines.
1. Use an old wooden crate to store your favorite magazines. I love idea of combining to different sizes like the normal size and the smaller Ikea catalogue size.
2. It is very logical to use magazine racks to keep your magazines in and that’s what I love about this one. It is so simple, but by lining them all up against the wall it looks like the most clever idea ever.
3. Some magazine cover are to beautiful not the show. These racks make it possible to create your own magazine wall. I especially like the thin metal and the simple yet artistic design.
4. Make a new nightstand with a pile of magazines. I already spotted the magazine nightstand a few times before, but I think it is time to actually make one. It would make a good side table as well if you ask me.
5. If you are ever that lucky to find a beautiful vintage magazine cabinet like thise one don’t you dare not buying it. This would be the perfect way for me to keep al my favorite magazines in one place. Time for some serious thrift shopping!
Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of a room surrounded by piles of… things. Clothes, shoes, bags, coffee cups, jewelry (especially jewelry!), magazines and other things that don’t seem to find there way back to the place where they belong. Time to re-organize that home of yours (or ours). Since I live a in small apartment with my boyfriend and all our stuff, I love to see how other people manage to keep their homes organized. Below you can find my current organized homes favorites.